Since 2008, I have been providing editing services
from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
My preference is detailed and thoughtful work over quick fixes.
My goal is to provide support so that you can maximize your efforts
on the all-important task of idea creation.
Please contact me at email@example.com
for a quote or for further information.
- writer (e.g. published in Management & Organizational History, and by Routledge);
- copy editor (e.g. articles in journals such as Organization Studies and Ad Parnassum); and,
- reviewer (e.g. article submissions – European Management Journal, and the Academy of Management Conference).
Article/Chapter Submissions (Business):
- Academy of Management Journal (AOM)
- Administrative Science Quarterly (SAGE)
- European Management Review (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Gender, Work & Organization (Wiley-Blackwell)
- International Journal of Management Reviews (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Journal of Business Venturing (Elsevier)
- Organization Studies (SAGE)
Article/Chapter Submissions (Music)
- Ad Parnassum Studies (Ut Orpheus)
- Ad Parnassum (Ut Orpheus)
- Göttingen Studies in Musicology (Georg Olms-Verlag)
- Internationale Forschungen zur Allgemeinen und Vergleichenden Literaturwissenschaft (Rodopi-Brill)
- Locatelli and the Violin Bravura Tradition (Brepols)
- TranscUlturAl: A Journal of Translation and Cultural Studies (University of Alberta)
- Theses/dissertations (Master’s and Doctoral)
- Academic promotion documents
What I provide:
- editing for academic texts, with a specialization in the Social Sciences (in particular, business and music); and,
- support for theses, proposals, grants, academic promotion documents, and websites.
- structural: clarification/reorganization of elements pertaining to content and structure;
- stylistic: jargon, language, meaning;
- copy editing: grammar, various mechanics of style (e.g. punctuation, spelling, capitalization, italics, abbreviations), visuals (e.g. art, tables, figures);
- fact/citation/reference checking: with reference to original sources;
- proofreading: spelling mistakes, mechanical errors, with adherence to supplied style sheet; and,
- desktop publishing: formatting, according to supplied style guide.
Quotes are based on:
- length of document (in words);
- expected time for completion;
- type of work required (e.g. proofreading, copy editing); and,
- a sample of your work (approximately 5 pages).
Edits are normally via track changes in Microsoft Word documents or markup in Adobe PDFs. Total cost is based on an hourly rate, with a base rate of $50/hour (and up). Payment is via PayPal or bank transfer (in CAD funds).
Academic honesty is of utmost importance.
Editorial work does not extend to the creation of written material or major rewrites.