Since 2008, I have been providing editing services from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. My preference is detailed and thoughtful work over quick fixes. My goal is to provide support so that you can focus your efforts on the all-important task of idea creation.
I am currently seeking new clients who require editing for business/arts academic publications, theses/dissertations, grants/proposals, job applications/promotions, and websites.
Please contact me at email@example.com for a quote or for further information.
- Writer (e.g., published in Management & Organizational History, and by Routledge);
- Editor (e.g., articles and chapters in journals such as Organization Studies and Ad Parnassum); and,
- Reviewer (e.g., article submissions – European Management Journal, and the Academy of Management).
Article/Chapter Submissions (Business):
- Academy of Management Journal (AOM)
- Administrative Science Quarterly (SAGE)
- European Management Review (Wiley)
- Gender, Work & Organization (Wiley)
- International Journal of Management Reviews (Wiley)
- Journal of Business Venturing (Elsevier)
- Journal of Operations Management (Wiley)
- Long Range Planning (Elsevier)
- Organization Studies (SAGE)
- Organization Science (INFORMS)
Article/Chapter Submissions (Music):
- Ad Parnassum Studies (Bologna: Ut Orpheus)
- Ad Parnassum (Bologna: Ut Orpheus)
- Göttingen Studies in Musicology (Hildesheim, Germany: Georg Olms-Verlag)
- Internationale Forschungen zur Allgemeinen und Vergleichenden Literaturwissenschaft (Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Rodopi-Brill)
- Locatelli and the Violin Bravura Tradition (Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols)
- Music and Power in the Baroque Era (Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols)
- TranscUlturAl: A Journal of Translation and Cultural Studies (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Academic promotion
- Academic job applications
What I provide:
- Editing for academic texts, with a specialization in business and the arts; and,
- Support for theses, dissertations, proposals, grants, academic promotion, job applications, and websites.
- Structural: clarification, reorganization;
- Stylistic: jargon, language, meaning;
- Copy editing: grammar, mechanics of style (e.g., punctuation, spelling, capitalization, italics, abbreviations), visuals (e.g., images, tables, figures);
- Fact/citation/reference checking: including original sources;
- Proofreading: spelling mistakes, mechanical errors, according to supplied style guide; and,
- Desktop publishing: formatting, according to supplied style guide.
Quotes are based on:
- Length of document (in words);
- Expected time for completion;
- Type of work required (e.g., proofreading, copy editing); and,
- A sample of your work (approximately 5 pages).
Edits are normally via track changes in Microsoft Word documents or markup in Adobe PDFs. Total cost is based on an hourly rate, with a base rate of $50/hour. Payment is via PayPal or bank transfer (in CAD).
Academic honesty is of utmost importance.
Editorial work does not extend to the creation of written material
or major rewrites.